skip to main content
AMADA Horizontal Automatic Metal Cutting Band Saw
Click to Enlarge
Saw Head Frame
- The rigid 'C' section frame carries the mountings for the two band wheels, heavy duty worm drive gear reducer,
the band drive motor and saw guide arm mounting supports.
Band Wheels & Drive System
- The band wheels are cast iron for long, productive life. The deflection free 35mm. wheel spindles ensure
the wheels run true regardless of tension stress or cutting loads. The spindle assemblies incorporate tapered roller
bearings for greater rigidity and long service life. The wheel tracks the blade so that the back of the band is contacts
the wheel flanges to support the band. The drive motor is coupled to the transmission through a variable speed pulley.
Drive Wheel Transmission
- The drive wheel transmission is designed and built by AMADA to provide high efficiency speed reduction,
which requires no external cooling, to deliver more power to the large diameter drive shaft. This shaft ensures
that this developed torque is transferred to the blade with no strobing, enabling the machine to efficiently
cut high alloys as well as free machining materials.
Pressure/Flow Feed Control
- The independent pressure and flow controls in series ensure the optimum cutting rate can be obtained regardless
of section or alloy being cut. The pressure control determines the cutting force applied to the blade and the flow
control sets the maximum fall rate of the head. For example for difficult to machine materials the pressure is set
higher than free machining alloys and the flow is set lower, as shown on the escutcheons above the above the control knobs.
Idler Wheel Motion Detector
- The wheel motion detector will turn off the blade drive in the case where a blade breaks or is jammed in the work piece.
This feature also prevents premature wear on the drive wheel from a stalled band.
Automatic, Powered Chip Conveyor
- The electrically powered chip conveyor auger automatically removes the saw chips from the saw while draining
the cutting fluid back into the fluid reservoir. The automatic chip conveyor greatly reduces cleanup time and
enables the machine to run longer without operator cleanup.
- The machine control has the capability to make up to 9 index passes giving a maximum cut length of 3,600mm. in automatic.
Split Front Vise
- The work holding vise is split so that it clamps the work piece on both sides of the cutting plane.
This additional support in front of the cutting plane minimizes the burr on the cut pieces.
|Rectangle (W x H)
||300 x 250 mm
|Work Load Capacity
Blade and Vise Operation
||Dimensions (W x T x L)
||34 x 1.1 x 3505 mm
||27-90 m/min, 60Hz Stepless
||Top Limit Setting
||Automatic Setting with Quick Approach Feeler
||Oil Pressure Flow Control Valve
||Main Split Vise and Rear Vise
||Hydraulic Full-Stroke Cylinder
||Saw Blade Motor
|Hydraulic Pump Motor
|Cutting Fluid Pump Motor
||Power Supply Voltage
||AC220±10%, 3 PH, 60 Hz
(Or AC440V, 3PH, 60Hz)
Cutting Fluid and Hydraulic
||2.7 MPa(27 kgf/cm)
||10.0 - 3600mm (Maximum 9 times index)
|Number of Input Stations
|Number of Cut Off Pieces
Dimensions and Weight
|Machine Dimensions (W x L x H)
||Head Down Position
||1945 x 2366 x 1285 mm
|Table Height (Above Floor)
Machine Standard Features
- 9 Times Multi Index
- Chip Conveyor
- Diagnostic Lights
- Index Floating Vise
- Kerf Compensating Dial
- Motion detector
- Piece Counter
- Pressure Flow Valve
- Split Vise
- Variable Blade Speed Drive
- Zero Clamp Vise
- Roller Table
- Vertical Clamps
- Vise Pressure Control
Specifications may change without notice at the sole discretion of AMADA's Engineering Department.